• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

and then there was life!

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 Curtis

Curtis

Metaller Scientist

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
Excellent

Posted 31 January 2009 - 01:14 AM

it's very simple and it's all been programmed by God before it all started.

it is just chemical and biochemical reactions between atoms and molecules.....yes, and then there was life!

infact we all are just super-molecules. everything we are is biochemical reactions.....it started with small molecules, they reacted with each other and made bigger molecules...and then it was me .....lol :lol:

#32 Doki

Doki

Veteran

• Active Members
  • 265 posts
Neutral

Posted 31 January 2009 - 06:40 AM

it is just chemical and biochemical reactions between atoms and molecules.....yes, and then there was life!

infact we all are just super-molecules. everything we are is biochemical reactions.....it started with small molecules, they reacted with each other and made bigger molecules...and then it was me .....lol :lol:

No doubt it was you. Who else it could be?
Simple living, highnot thinking

#33 GeorgeWolff

GeorgeWolff

Veteran

• Active Members
  • 294 posts
Neutral

Posted 31 January 2009 - 12:55 PM

lol - "Those who canot remeber the past are doomed to repeet it" was not Santana - it was George Santayana, the Spanish author and not from a song - from a book - I think Reason In Common Sense.

#34 casandra

casandra

carpe diem by the jugulum

• Global Moderators
  • 5,034 posts
Excellent

Posted 31 January 2009 - 01:05 PM

lol - "Those who canot remeber the past are doomed to repeet it" was not Santana - it was George Santayana, the Spanish author and not from a song - from a book - I think Reason In Common Sense.

:P That's the Santana I was talking about...thanks for pointing that out George......no wonder there was soo much confusion..and I think it's The Life of Reason..but we shld check it out...and he was also a very talented guy...just like the real Santana :P
"Oh what a beauteousness!"
- hobglobin, personal comment about my beauteous photo......

#35 Doki

Doki

Veteran

• Active Members
  • 265 posts
Neutral

Posted 31 January 2009 - 09:50 PM

all of them are the same.

#36 swanny

swanny

Veteran

• Active Members
  • 367 posts
Neutral

Posted 01 February 2009 - 04:49 PM

infact we all are just super-molecules. everything we are is biochemical reactions.....it started with small molecules, they reacted with each other and made bigger molecules...and then it was me .....lol :)

So is that proof that the Universe can make mistakes?
:rolleyes: :huh:

Good to see you back in the Forum, Curtis!
Heart disease kills more women than breast cancer, but heart attack symptoms differ from men's symptoms. Get to know your heart... it could save your life.

#37 Doki

Doki

Veteran

• Active Members
  • 265 posts
Neutral

Posted 01 February 2009 - 05:29 PM

So, Random numbers are not random; RCTs are not RCTS. They are all predetermined. :)

#38 Curtis

Curtis

Metaller Scientist

• Global Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
Excellent

Posted 02 February 2009 - 05:44 AM

infact we all are just super-molecules. everything we are is biochemical reactions.....it started with small molecules, they reacted with each other and made bigger molecules...and then it was me .....lol :)

So is that proof that the Universe can make mistakes?
:) :)

Good to see you back in the Forum, Curtis!

thanks swanny.

but don't consider me a Richard Dawkins follower....I don't like the guy...all he says is agnosticism but he still believes he is an atheist. maybe the guy doesn't know the difference between the two terms.

#39 swanny

swanny

Veteran

• Active Members
  • 367 posts
Neutral

Posted 02 February 2009 - 04:43 PM

but don't consider me a Richard Dawkins follower....I don't like the guy...all he says is agnosticism but he still believes he is an atheist. maybe the guy doesn't know the difference between the two terms.

I wouldn't dream of that! Actually, I think he just doesn't bother thinking too hard about the opposing views to his own. The big problem is that he has managed to grab the attention of the non-science public, who fawn over his every word. I doubt that very much of his last few books would get anywhere in peer-reviewed publications, because much of it is speculation, personal opinion or simple vitriol against those who hold different opinions. I've kind of given up worrying about him.
Heart disease kills more women than breast cancer, but heart attack symptoms differ from men's symptoms. Get to know your heart... it could save your life.

#40 dlambert

dlambert

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Neutral

Posted 10 December 2009 - 07:48 AM

infact we all are just super-molecules. everything we are is biochemical reactions.....it started with small molecules, they reacted with each other and made bigger molecules...and then it was me .....lol :P

but don't you think you take away from the human spirit if you call us biochemical reactions?
i mean, i get that we are all put together the same way, but then how come these same biochemical reactions can function differently for everyone- same mechanics, different results?

#41 Doki

Doki

Veteran

• Active Members
  • 265 posts
Neutral

Posted 10 December 2009 - 04:37 PM

I am sure there must be some theory that should be able to explain that also... like impact of minute differences in some of those chemicals, the difference in altitude they are at, the temperrature the rections occur in. . and all of these small differences summing up to a huge difference. :P

I hope Curtis comes back to explain this one though. Haven't seen him for a long time now.. . must be some biochemistry that is occupying his mind B)

#42 Greame

Greame

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Neutral

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:20 AM

The irony is that it really was that simple. A viola and there it was! Yet it was also so much more delicate and complex than that all at the same time. The beauty of life, creation, and the universe is that it is extremely complex and complicated. At the same time it is also extremely well balanced, and delicate, and chaotically well organized. To think of the fact that everything had to go exactly as it did for billions of years just so we could all read this is astounding to say the least. One small change in the universe would have completely changed this moment.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.