top ten lies by grad students
Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:50 AM
1. No really, I'll be out of here in only two more years.
2. My job prospects look really good.
3. The department is giving me so much support.
4. I just have one more book to read and then I'll start writing.
5. I turned down a lot of great job offers to come here.
6. Your latest article was so inspiring.
7. I would never date an undergraduate.
8. My work has a lot of practical importance.
9. I'd be delighted to proofread your book/chapter/article.
10. It doesn't bother me at all that my college roommate is making $80,000 a year on Wall Street.
genius does what it must
i do what i get paid to do
Posted 28 January 2009 - 11:56 PM
(When it is broken after two weeks)
12. I have exactly followed the protocol!
(After you have repeatedly seen incubation times beeing adjusted to the length of coffee or cigarette breaks)
13. Of course I know the difference between the EtOH we use for cleaning the bench and the 99.99999% one!
(EtOH can be replaced here by Maltose/Malt Extract, NH4-acetat/Na-acetat, Glucose/Glycerin , Potassiumcloride/Potassiumhydroxide, but I think there are more examples to add)
Posted 29 January 2009 - 12:49 AM
Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:17 AM
---this is what I am telling myself when I get a bad grade....as long as you don't loose your passion, you'll be fine.....V
Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:22 PM
Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:04 PM
Edited by rkay447, 29 January 2009 - 09:05 PM.
Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:25 PM
Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:05 AM
But my work is pioneering the field, right? sigh.
18. This is pioneering work in my field.
Posted 04 February 2009 - 03:38 PM
Posted 04 February 2009 - 10:12 PM
Posted 05 February 2009 - 03:50 AM
23. My supervisor is very nice.
Posted 13 February 2009 - 04:35 AM
Posted 13 February 2009 - 04:56 AM
Posted 13 February 2009 - 07:32 AM