• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

protein quantitation

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Nay

Nay

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Neutral

Posted 30 March 2005 - 06:18 PM

I am after a protein quantitation method which is ok to use when there is detergents in your solubilisation/lysis buffer. I would normally use the Biorad protein assay (Lowry assay), but I am getting massive errors (always increased estimates) of my protein concentrations. I have been using trizol to extract the protein so I assume it is due to a carry-over of phenol (when I don't use trizol, my lowry assay works well) - is there a quantitation assay which I can use if I have some phenol contamination?

I am sick of trial and error loading! :)

#2 ros

ros

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38 posts
Neutral

Posted 31 March 2005 - 06:01 PM

I am after a protein quantitation method which is ok to use when there is detergents in your solubilisation/lysis buffer.  I would normally use the Biorad protein assay (Lowry assay), but I am getting massive errors (always increased estimates) of my protein concentrations.  I have been using trizol to extract the protein so I assume it is due to a carry-over of phenol (when I don't use trizol, my lowry assay works well) - is there a quantitation assay which I can use if I have some phenol contamination?

I am sick of trial and error loading!  :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

this might not help - but do you have to use Trizol? in my experience, Trizol is more trouble than it is worth for both RNA and protein! I would suggest changing your isolation protocol.

#3 Nay

Nay

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Neutral

Posted 31 March 2005 - 06:21 PM

my antibody is horribly fussy and only seems to work when I use trizol to extract my proteins - I have decided to try dialysing my samples and/or using a buffer exchange column before I quantitate them now...

#4 neuron

neuron

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts
Neutral

Posted 30 January 2009 - 07:50 AM

you can try this-

http://biology200.gs..... protocol.pdf

Hope it helps ;)

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.