Dear BioForum Users,
Our new forum software allows you to attach files to your post. File format includes image file (jpeg, gif, png), Word file (doc), PDF file.
To attach a file, do the following:
1) After you finish typing in your post (the text part) as usual, scroll down and find the File Attachments box, click Browse. A file browsing window will pop up allowing you to select a file from your computer.
3) Once you have select the file you want to attach, click Open on the file browser window. The file browser window will close. Then click the button "Add This Attachment" on the posting page.
4) Your slected file name will show up on the posting page. You will also notice that there are two new button: "Remove" and "Add into Post".
5) If you do want to attach the file, click Add into Post, otherwise, click Remove. You can control where the picture show up in your post by placing your cursor where you want your picture to show up before clicking the Add into Post button. Alternatively, you can copy the text "[attachmentid=xx]" which is added automatically when you click the "Add into Post" button, and paste it where you want.
6) If you want to attach multiple files, just repeat the steps.
How to post images and other files
No replies to this topic