• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

in vitro use of injection form of drugs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jameri

jameri

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Neutral

Posted 23 March 2005 - 12:18 PM

Hi! I would like to ask someone, who have experience with glucocorticoid dexamethason or some other drugs. Is it possible to use injection form of drug for in vitro experiments? We use injections where dexamethason is in form of dexamethasonii natrii phosphate, I know that this form should have better solubility, but can other substances such as vehicles influence efect of dexamethason, if used in vitro? Does it have to activate in blood plasma, or it doesn't really matter if I use injection instead of pure dexamethasone? And where else could possibly be a problem when I observe effect at very high concentration while other authors report effect in much lower concentration, using same cell line, of course.
I would really appreciate any help.
Thans :D

#2 fred_33

fred_33

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts
Neutral

Posted 25 March 2005 - 04:05 AM

hi
this topic may help you for a part...

http://www.protocol-...?showtopic=5156

#3 jameri

jameri

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Neutral

Posted 29 March 2005 - 04:35 AM

Thank you Fred,
that link was interesting, but did not quite solve my problem. I would need to know if I can use injection in vitro,or if it is possible to use it only in vivo. Because my injection dexamethason doesn't seem to work at all, and I can not find the problem. B)

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.