• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Caspase 3 Assays

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 C D White

C D White

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted 16 March 2005 - 08:42 AM

Has anybody ever had any sort of experience with the Promega caspACE colorimetric assay system?

I want to look at caspase 3 but frankly, after reading the protocol, I'm even more lost than I was before I started!

Any help anybody can offer would be great!

Edited by C D White, 16 March 2005 - 08:43 AM.

#2 cathy

cathy

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Neutral

Posted 29 March 2005 - 01:43 AM

Has anybody ever had any sort of experience with the Promega caspACE colorimetric assay system?

I want to look at caspase 3 but frankly, after reading the protocol, I'm even more lost than I was before I started!

Any help anybody can offer would be great!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i have done this experiment. what do you want to know about it?

Edited by cathy, 29 March 2005 - 01:44 AM.

#3 Ambinlab

Ambinlab

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 63 posts
Neutral

Posted 26 August 2009 - 08:44 AM

Hi
I use the biovision caspase 3 kit. but the problem is it doesnot show any activity especially when I treat the cells. even my positive contro has the activity less than control.
I do the following,
wash cells twice, then add 50 microliter lysis buffer, put them on ice for 10 minutes then centrifuge and keep the supernatant. assay the protein concentration using bradford method. then dilute 50 microgram of proteins of each sample in 50 microliters lysis buffer. add 50 microliters DTT and reactionbuffer and 5 microlters DEVD pNA. after 1 hour incubation read in 410 nm
am I doing sth wrong?
thanks in advance

PS: my results are like this: Blank: 0.043 Control: 0.124 Control Positive: 0.102 !!!!

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.