Jump to content

  • Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

improving phospho-specific antibodies-how I did it


  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 patirl

patirl

    member

  • Active Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
0
Neutral

Posted 15 March 2005 - 09:29 AM

hi

I asked a question a while ago about improving phospho-specific antibody. Never got an answer but have been able to sort it out. Thought that I would share what I learnt with everyone else.

I had a background band at same size as my protein of interest. I was able to remove it using 2 methods

The first one involves making an acetone powder of the S to A , mutant, which the Ab shouldn't recognise, instructions for making this can be found in "antibodies, a laboratory manual by Harlow and Lane"

My second version is basically the same thing but slightly different. I prepared a large amount of SA protein extract. I diluted that to 1mg/ml in TBST and put it on a normal western blotting membrane for 1 hour. I then put my diluted antibody on that membrane. That way anything that recognises the SA protein will be removed. I then used the cleaned up antibody on my blot of interest.

Hope that helps anyone who is struggling with phospho-specific antibodies




Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.