• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo

Kit for DNA Extraction from faeces

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Fiona

Fiona

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Neutral

Posted 04 February 2005 - 06:41 AM

Previously used Bioline kit, have tried QIAmp DNA stool mini kit but am getting really poor yield, can anyone recommend any other kits or methods?

#2 AquaPlasmid

AquaPlasmid

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts
Neutral

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:33 AM

We have a reagent AquaPrecipi for fecal PCR inhibitor removal. Fecal DNA is ready for PCR after it is precipitated with AquaPrecipi and ethanol. Fecal DNA analysis is an excellent noninvasive method for wildfile, GI infections, GI cancers, and genotyping studies.

Posted Image

PCR amplification of human stool DNA.
Lane 1: PCR of DNA precipitated by isopropanol
Lane 2: PCR of DNA precipitated by AquaPrecipi/ethanol.
Lane 3: PCR of DNA precipitated by AquaPrecipi/isoproanol.

#3 Wolverena

Wolverena

Spirit

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37 posts
Neutral

Posted 19 February 2009 - 10:28 AM

Previously used Bioline kit, have tried QIAmp DNA stool mini kit but am getting really poor yield, can anyone recommend any other kits or methods?

I have just recently ordered a sample kit from Zymo Research (with 5 reactions) and it worked fine for me. The sample kit is for free.

http://www.zymoresea...cal_dna_kit.asp

Cheers!
"You can give somebody a book on 'How to ride bike' and then test that person on that knowledge. Even if that person gets an "A", it doesn't mean that he or she can ride a bike."
---this is what I am telling myself when I get a bad grade....as long as you don't loose your passion, you'll be fine.....V

#4 KimWG

KimWG

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37 posts
Neutral

Posted 16 November 2009 - 01:23 AM

We have a reagent AquaPrecipi for fecal PCR inhibitor removal. Fecal DNA is ready for PCR after it is precipitated with AquaPrecipi and ethanol. Fecal DNA analysis is an excellent noninvasive method for wildfile, GI infections, GI cancers, and genotyping studies.

Posted Image

PCR amplification of human stool DNA.
Lane 1: PCR of DNA precipitated by isopropanol
Lane 2: PCR of DNA precipitated by AquaPrecipi/ethanol.
Lane 3: PCR of DNA precipitated by AquaPrecipi/isoproanol.

Hi AquaPlasmid--

Can you clarify, is this for removing inhibitors, post-extraction? Cause I got a lot of failed fecal extractions with inhibitors, but dilution doesn't help because the template copies are already so low/degraded, I would love a way to rescue them...

Thanks
Kim

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.