• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

question about cellular Elisa

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kroger

kroger

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Neutral

Posted 28 January 2005 - 10:53 AM

hi,guys:
I am doing human cancer cell Elisa now, and I try to check if my protein will interact with the receptors on cell surface.I use HRPgoat anti-mouse IgG conjugate as the secondary antiboday. I am just confused: Is it necessary to use the blocking buffer to block the unspecific binding for the secondary antibody?
thanks a lot

Edited by kroger, 28 January 2005 - 11:06 AM.

#2 blossom

blossom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted 28 January 2005 - 01:15 PM

Without knowing the specific details of your ELISA. I only block before adding my standards or samples to the wells. The sequence is 1) capture antibody, 2) blocking, 3) samples, 4) detecting antibody, 5)developing agent.

Hope this answered your question!

#3 kroger

kroger

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Neutral

Posted 28 January 2005 - 02:18 PM

Without knowing the specific details of your ELISA.  I only block before adding my standards or samples to the wells.  The sequence is 1) capture antibody, 2) blocking, 3) samples, 4) detecting antibody, 5)developing agent.

Hope this answered your question!

thank you very much, it's my first time to try Elisa,I am thinking if I don't use blocking buffer,Will the unspecific binding have great effect to my result?

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.