• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

BamH1 and Nde1 double digestion problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 netnus

netnus

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31 posts
Neutral

Posted 02 December 2004 - 08:12 AM

HI,

I am using BamH1 and Nde1 to double digest the PCR product and Vector.The BamH1 and Nde1 are from NEB. I try using NEBuffer2 as buffer to digest,but the cleavege is poor.
Anyone has ever used these two REs together for double digestion? Which buffer do you use? Any tricks to increase the the efficency?

Thanks!

netnus

Edited by netnus, 02 December 2004 - 08:12 AM.

#2 Janina

Janina

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Neutral

Posted 02 December 2004 - 08:22 AM

Try following link:
http://www.fermentas...gest/index.html

It is from MBI Fermentas but you can also see how fine they work together. Perhaps you can also compare buffer condition.

#3 praveen_iitb

praveen_iitb

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Neutral

Posted 04 December 2004 - 01:46 AM

HI,
Many times I also observed incomplete Double digestions. The problem is not only with BamH1 and Nde1(many other combinations also). Using commen buffer is always problematic.
To avoid such situation
1) do single digestion at a time with the appropirate buffer.
2) digest 1st, with the enzyme required low salt buffer and then with which required high salt buffer. do phenol chloroform extraction after each digestion.
3) check the concentration of plasmid being digested( too much plasmid will give u incomplete digestion).
Or check ur plasmid preparation it may be contamined with proteins.

try this
praveen
B)

#4 zhgljj1998

zhgljj1998

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Neutral

Posted 13 January 2005 - 08:47 AM

HI,

I am using BamH1 and Nde1 to double digest the PCR product and Vector.The BamH1 and Nde1 are from NEB. I try using NEBuffer2 as buffer to digest,but the cleavege is poor.
Anyone has ever used these two REs together for double digestion? Which buffer do you use? Any tricks to increase the the efficency?

Thanks!

netnus

do not use buffer2 please. i had been troubled for two month. try to use other buffer. good luck

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.