• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

primer design: end-point vs. RT

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mokuspok

Mokuspok

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 15 November 2004 - 07:43 AM

dear all,

this is the very first time that I'm designing RT primers :unsure: and I'd like to find out what the main differences are between conventional and quantitative PCR primer design.

As of right now I have my target sequence (a catalytic site) in an exon, I have the neighboring exons too, so hopefully at least one primer will be spanning an exon-exon junction...

My questions are:
Do I decide if the probe is on the F or the R primer?
Do I use the online program provided by the company making my primers or do I hand-design them (for the end-point PCR I usually designed them manually)?
Is there anything else to look out for that I haven't thought about myself?

thank you so much.

#2 biomed

biomed

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Neutral

Posted 17 November 2004 - 12:39 PM

dear all,

this is the very first time that I'm designing RT primers  :) and I'd like to find out what the main differences are between conventional and quantitative PCR primer design.

As of right now I have my target sequence (a catalytic site) in an exon, I have the neighboring exons too, so hopefully at least one primer will be spanning an exon-exon junction...

My questions are:
Do I decide if the probe is on the F or the R primer?
Do I use the online program provided by the company making my primers or do I hand-design them (for the end-point PCR I usually designed them manually)?
Is there anything else to look out for that I haven't thought about myself?

thank you so much.

:) Hi,
is the probe consist of fluoresence and quencher? Like the ABI probe? In this way , the probe should be target the fragment you are interested in, but not taged on either primer.
Biomed

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.