• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

RNA Extraction and q PCR questions , please please help?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 sun shine 411

sun shine 411

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Neutral

Posted 02 May 2021 - 07:27 AM

I do have 3 conditions, Basal, drug A 1uM 6 hours, drug A 1uM for 24 hours.

I would like to confirm the results of gene expression after basal and treatments with a specific drug. So first, I have to do RNA extraction, cDNA synthesis and qPCR.  In other words, I want to make it clear there is, or there is no stimulation of the tested

gene because I got fold change between 1.2 and 2, and I know this is not enough in order to Conclude the effect of treatment

on X gene. So I decided to do quadruplicate of each condition- that means I will end up with

12 samples, I am confused is it better to plate in 6 well plate or 6 cm dish In order to have enough RNA? And after extraction of DNA

I will end up with 12 samples.,

I want to test 4 genes. So in qPCR, I will do it in duplicate then I will end up with 12×2=24 Samples.

12 samples need RNA extraction and cDNA synthesis ( table) 

Then to run qPCR in (96 wells)

My questions are

1-    IS this protocol will solve my drought regards the stimulation of genes (fold change)?

2-    Is it better to plate in 6 well plate or 6 cm dish In order to have enough RNA?

3-    2- do the biological quadruplicate are correct in this way?

4-    Do I distribute the technical duplicate samples and gene (yellow) correctly in 96 well plate for qPCR?

Thanks in advance. 

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot 2021-05-01 at 5.47.12 pm.png
  • Screenshot 2021-05-01 at 6.20.40 pm.png

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.