Posted 19 September 2019 - 05:23 AM
- It is suitable to measure low temperatures because of its freezing point is low.
- It is less toxic than mercury thermometer and hence high on safety factor for human and environment.
- It has a greater value of temperature coefficient of expansion than a mercury thermometer.
- Alcohol Thermometer is less expensive than a mercury thermometer.
- It is less durable because alcohol evaporates faster than mercury.
- It cannot measure high temperature because of a low boiling point.
- It wets the walls of the thermometer, which can adversely impact the accuracy of readings.