• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Running Novex type precasts on BioRad Mini Protean

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Trof

Trof

Brain on a stick

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts
Excellent

Posted 09 September 2019 - 02:43 AM

Hi, we got into a bit shamefull situation, we have Invitrogen precast Novex gradient gel and Biorad Mini Protean tetra-call and found just too late, it is not compatible (Novex being thicker and without the "dent" that the BioRad rubber has). All around everyone have only BioRad systems.

Novex should be run on XCell SureLock cells, but colleague is quite positive he use a different more BioRad-like apparatus to run the same gels it in other lab.

It would need to be another system, that is Novex compatible (i.e. has a flat rubber and thicker cassettes fit it), is it possible to get something that would make it compatible with Protean cells?

Any input appreciated, we got ourselves into quite a problem. Thanks.

Our country has a serious deficiency in lighthouses. I assume the main reason is that we have no sea.

I never trust anything that can't be doubted.

'Normal' is a dryer setting. - Elizabeth Moon

#2 bob1

bob1

Thelymitra pulchella

• Global Moderators
  • 6,666 posts
Excellent

Posted 09 September 2019 - 03:35 AM

I don't know if this is any help but the Hoeffer systems used to be compatible with the Invitrogen systems including Novex.

I don't think you can make the two compatible - the Bio-rad gels are shorter, so I think you could possibly run those on an Invitrogen system, but not the other way around.

#3 Trof

Trof

Brain on a stick

• Global Moderators
  • 1,384 posts
Excellent

Posted 13 September 2019 - 12:56 AM

Thanks bob1.
We didn't found other options, but at least we managet to get the XCell tank. 

Our country has a serious deficiency in lighthouses. I assume the main reason is that we have no sea.

I never trust anything that can't be doubted.

'Normal' is a dryer setting. - Elizabeth Moon

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.