• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

I'm predicting the protein-peptide structure. Why result different everytime

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Leeee

Leeee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 22 April 2019 - 03:44 AM

Hi. I am a doctoral student.

The binding structure is predicted using specific protein and peptide sequences. By the way, each time I do, I have to worry about how to interpret it because the result is different.

The program used is the CABS-dock. Put the PDB number (only the protein receptor part) in it, put in the specific peptide and wait for 4 ~ 5 hours.

I want to get data from 10 predicted values ​​attached to the desired spot (the middle part of the receptor) and sort out the result when it comes out.

I do not know which value is correct because the result is different every time. I am studying the structural protein field because it is not a specialized field.

I do not understand the meaning of the terminology of CABS-dock. For example, "cluster-density", "RMSD(root-mean-square deviation), average RMSD, max RMSD"

Currently, the structure of the peptide is not known, so I use a prediction program to identify the binding site.

If you have a program that is more accurate and reproducible than the CABS-dock, please let me know.

Thank you.

Edited by Leeee, 22 April 2019 - 03:48 AM.

• ArthurAdert likes this

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.