• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Find documents about probability for a drug bind to its receptors with the prese

biochemistry molecular biology antagonists

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Thi Le

Thi Le

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:04 AM

Dear everyone,

I am searching for a/ some published articles/documents that support my argument in my study. The study is to investigate the functions of hormone A in organ B. This hormone has two receptors (AR1 and AR2) that can be activated by it. The two receptors are involved in different roles of the hormone. To define which receptor is involved in a target function of hormone A, I used antagonists to block one receptor and observe the react of the organ B to hormone A. Most of the results support that the AR2 receptor is involved in the target function of hormone A. However, a few parameters were changed by the presence of A in the organ B which had the receptor AR1 blocked, but such changes did not happen in the treatment where the receptor AR2 had been blocked and in the control treatment where no receptor had been blocked. I then argue that "Since the AR1 had been blocked by the antagonist, more AR2 binding- sites might be activated by hormone A. In contrast, in the none-blocked organ, hormone A seems to have an equal probability for its molecules to bind to both the two receptors. Thus, the effects induced by hormone A through AR2 in the  AR1-blocked treatment were more apparent than in the none-blocked intestines". 

Do you know any evidence to support my argument above? Thank you for your time.

• ArthurAdert likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: biochemistry, molecular biology, antagonists

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.