• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

StepOne Plus problems!

StepOne Plus

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 eastelzer

eastelzer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 18 May 2018 - 10:58 AM

I need help! Right at the start of a run our ABI StepOne Plus could not get the cover temperature to rise, threw a fatal error code, and then promptly disconnected from the computer. When this happened the plate drawer remained in the up "engaged" position and I can not get it back down. The computer would not reconnect to the instrument - so I did a manual restart of the instrument. Upon restarting, the instrument will not completely turn back on. It runs through all the initial boot-up processes but gets stuck at the last "finializing instrument bootup" step. I tried to give it time to see if it would eventually finalize and after 5 hours I gave up and turned it off.

We do not have a service contract and the most ABI was willing to help without putting down a $3,500 retainer (which we can't do because it is above the fed gov purchase limit for services) is tell me to try and push in and down hard during the boot-up phase. Well I and other lab mates tried this MANY times in the last 3 days to no avail. Pretty sure there is a locking mechanism engaged and it WILL NOT BUDGE.

Has this happened to anyone else? Will the instrument not boot-up completely if the drawer is up? Or are we looking at multiple separate problems?

Thanks for any help or information!!

Erin

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.