• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

What do you think about Academia.edu?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hobglobin

hobglobin

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional...

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,617 posts
Excellent

Posted 06 February 2018 - 11:02 AM

Since quite long time I'm pestered by emails from academia.edu asking me to join or telling me that my name was searched and which paper is my most viewed there...blink.png , though I don't have an account.

Anyway according to wikipedia it's a private company for sharing open access papers and whatever else with a quite aggressive recruitment strategy. And some other criticisms and perhaps problematic issues.

What do you think of academia.edu?

Are you member or ignore it?

Any good or bad experiences?

So far I ignore it as I'm here and also use the scientific facebook (aka RG), which seems almost compulsory now dry.png, and which seems to have won the competition more or less. 

A single lie is reproachable; a million lies is a statistic.
D. J. T.

#2 pito

pito

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts
Excellent

Posted 24 February 2018 - 01:50 PM

Since quite long time I'm pestered by emails from academia.edu asking me to join or telling me that my name was searched and which paper is my most viewed there...blink.png , though I don't have an account.

Anyway according to wikipedia it's a private company for sharing open access papers and whatever else with a quite aggressive recruitment strategy. And some other criticisms and perhaps problematic issues.

What do you think of academia.edu?

Are you member or ignore it?

Any good or bad experiences?

So far I ignore it as I'm here and also use the scientific facebook (aka RG), which seems almost compulsory now dry.png, and which seems to have won the competition more or less. 

I do not really know it haha

It seems you can not even use that site without making an account.

And RG ... well you can say the same about Linkedin... these days if you do not have a profile on that website people think something is wrong....

If you don't know it, then ask it! Better to ask and look foolish to some than not ask and stay stupid.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.