• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Lentivirus production issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rkay447

rkay447

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
Excellent

Posted 10 May 2017 - 05:40 AM

I'm very lost on why I'm not getting expression from my lentivirus preps.  I get resistance (neo) indicative of very high titers but can't get expression of my GOI.  I tried making a control GFP virus and get absolutely no green cells with transduction.  Transfection of the plasmid does result in GFP expression, however.    I'm using the pMuLE lenti destination vectors for target, the psPAX2 and pMDG.2 for packaging and envelope.  All plasmids were purchased from addgene.  I transfect cells with a 4:3:1 ratio of the plasmids and my cells look great at 72hrs with lots of multinucleated cells.  I harvest supernatant, centrifuge at 300g for 5mins, filter through 0.45um PVDF filter, aliquot into 1ml and store -80.  I don't put polybrene in the virus until after thawing and ready to put on target cells.  

Does anyone have any suggestions? 

**UPDATE**:   For future reference, the pMuLE destination vectors do not have a promoter.  You are expected to bring it in with your ORF. 

Edited by rkay447, 10 May 2017 - 11:18 AM.

#2 merlav

merlav

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91 posts
Neutral

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:10 PM

1: Try to transfect the plasmids in equimolar ratio 1:1:1 instead of micrograms

2:Ultracentrifuge the particles or use the lenti X concentrator from Takara/clontech

Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.
Albert Einstein

I am among those who think that science has great beauty. A scientist in his laboratory is not only a technician: he is also a child placed before natural phenomena which impress him like a fairy tale.
Marie Curie

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.