• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

nitric oxide production on keratinocyte cell lines

inos nitric oxide hacat uv keratinocyte

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Rawii Rawiarpa

Rawii Rawiarpa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 10 July 2016 - 12:45 AM

I have conducted a study on UV-induced nitric oxide production on human keratinocyte cell lines (HaCaT). The sources of the cells I used were from CLS and ATCC. I cultured the cells using general method until they were ready for the experiments. Unfortunately, the cells from both sources did not produce nitric oxide after UVB irradiation. In addition, I used Griess reagent system for the detection of nitric oxide in culture media. Nitric oxide in culture media was spectrophotometrically estimated at 24, 48 and 96 h after UV-irridiation. There was no nitric oxide in both control group (no UV) and experimental group. Nevertheless, I found that many groups of researcher reported that nitric oxide was released from keratinocyte and HaCaT cells after UVB irradiation. I followed the method they used. I varied the UV-dose, exposure area, and also the amount of cells. Still, I cannot detect any change in nitric oxide production.

Are there anyone use to conduct the similar experiment?

Am I miss any important thing in my experiment?

Is keratinocyte produce nitric oxide in response to UV-irradiation?

Help please...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: inos, nitric oxide, hacat, uv, keratinocyte

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.