• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
- - - - -

New project ideas, areas to expand?

brainstorming inspiration project expansion new projects

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Michael Starr

Michael Starr

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 11:46 AM

Hi everyone. I work in a pharmaceutical lab, my specific group provides critical reagents for early stage product testing & immunogenicity testing. We do mostly protein conjugations but also affinity chromatography, size exclusion chromatography, Western blots, a little Biacore but not so experienced.

I am having more free time than I would like and was wondering if anyone had any new project ideas? I am interested in metabolomics and possibly its use for patient testing, but I really don't know much about it. I am guessing anything new would require, however, deeply diving into the literature to learn.

We have a biacore and a flow cytometer, could those be used for any particular purpose? Other groups in our department tend to use them more than me. Our lab also has mass spectrometers, qPCR machine, lots of plate-readers and plate washers for MSD assays / ELISAs, and a Gyros.

I am wondering how long it all takes you guys to come up with new project ideas? I am wondering how much time I should be spending on it and worried that I am spending too much time brainstorming i.e. I'm not creative enough.

Feel free to ask me questions about what more our lab does and I can provide details that might help fill in the gaps.

And if this post belongs in a different section of the forum, admins, just let me know and I can move it.

Thank you!

Edited by Michael Starr, 06 May 2016 - 11:48 AM.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.