• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Baseline Noise on Bisulfite Sequencing

Bisulfite sequencing sequencing noise

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 MaryC

MaryC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Neutral

Posted 15 March 2016 - 12:33 AM

Hi,

I have a question regarding the baseline noise for bisulfite sequencing on the ABI3130.

What would you guys think as the acceptable baseline noise for reliable quantification of the methylation percentage at CpGs. 

In order to access the completion of my bisulfite conversion, I would need to observe complete C to T conversion at non-CpG regions. However, I am also observing the baseline noise on the sequencing trace of 3%-10%. Is there an acceptable cut off value for baseline noise when assessing bisulfite sequences? I would think it  is unrealistic to expect 0% baseline noise...?

Also, if my baseline noise regularly ranges from 3-10%, that would also mean I will never be able to reliably detect methylation levels that are less than 10%, am I right?

Also, I also having problems obtaining reproducible methylation percentage on both the Forward and reverse sequence. Does anyone know why this happens?

Any suggestion and help is deeply appreciated.

Thank you.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.