• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
- - - - -

ELISA - Troubleshooting

ELISA Molecular biology Troubleshooting cytokines rat brain tissue sample

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Mad Researcher

Mad Researcher

Newbie !!

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 02:27 PM

I am planning to do an ELISA with IL-6 antibody from rat brain tissue samples. For this, I would homogenize my brain in 1 mL PBS + proteinase K. I would like to know should I dilute my samples with PBS and Proteinase K (1:5) or can I directly homogenize it in 5 mL proteinase K + PBS? I need more amount of starting material because I have to analyze 7 different cytokines. So, which method would be correct or could you suggest me another solution?

Also, I did another multi-analyte ELISA where I homogenized the rat brain tissue in 1 mL PBS + Proteinase K. I used 600 uL of that and stored the rest at -80? Can I dilute the samples again and use them for ELISA? 

Lastly, a stupid question. Is it important to determine the total protein concentration (Bradoford assay) before proceeding to ELISA?

Edited by Mad Researcher, 23 January 2016 - 03:04 PM.

Mad Researcher

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ELISA, Molecular biology, Troubleshooting, cytokines, rat brain tissue sample

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.