• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

HTP DNA and RNA extraction options???

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Micro

Micro

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts
Neutral

Posted 20 January 2016 - 09:34 PM

I'm starting a microbiome project using 576 precious clinical trial samples. I will be doing a DNA based microbiome project, as well as RT-qPCR with RNA from the same samples.

Does anyone have experience with kits that extract DNA and RNA? Would anyone recommend duel nucleic acid extraction? Or is it better to pay the extra price (in consumables and labour) and do the extractions separately? 

Also, we do have equipment for HTP magnetic kits in our lab, so these types of kits are an option for me. 

Thanks for any suggestions, comments or advice.

#2 merlav

merlav

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Neutral

Posted 21 January 2016 - 12:26 PM

If the sample is limited better to maximize it.   You can use the magnetic beads or a kit that extract both nucleic acids.  I used the Illustra kit from GE life sciences.  Good and easy and not so expensive.  You can extract DNA, RNA and proteins from each sample.  

Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.
Albert Einstein

I am among those who think that science has great beauty. A scientist in his laboratory is not only a technician: he is also a child placed before natural phenomena which impress him like a fairy tale.
Marie Curie

#3 Ashlay Donlad

Ashlay Donlad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted 05 February 2016 - 05:34 AM

You do a good researchsmile.png..

Edited by Ashlay Donlad, 05 February 2016 - 05:55 AM.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.