• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo

Brucella challenge dose in guinea pig

guinea pig vaccine challenge dose Brucella melitensis

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mariam

Mariam

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts
Neutral

Posted 17 October 2015 - 03:31 AM

Hello,

I am going to evaluate the protective efficacy of my recombinant protein of interest against B. melitensis infection in guinea pig. However I do not know the challenge dose of B. melitensis 16M in guinea pig. Many references have been searched but we could not find any information about the exact challenge dose of B. melitensis in guinea pig. I would be grateful if someone could help me with this problem.

Thanks

Miriam 

#2 pito

pito

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts
Excellent

Posted 18 October 2015 - 11:15 AM

Hello,

I am going to evaluate the protective efficacy of my recombinant protein of interest against B. melitensis infection in guinea pig. However I do not know the challenge dose of B. melitensis 16M in guinea pig. Many references have been searched but we could not find any information about the exact challenge dose of B. melitensis in guinea pig. I would be grateful if someone could help me with this problem.

Thanks

Miriam 

This is a very specific question.

Its very unlikely that there will be an expert on Brucella (in pigs) reading this.

What I would suggest you to do is to look up Brucella experts that have experience with pigs as well.

You normally have some papers on this, so it might be useful to contact them. This can often help and speed up your research.

If you don't know it, then ask it! Better to ask and look foolish to some than not ask and stay stupid.

#3 Mariam

Mariam

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts
Neutral

Posted 21 October 2015 - 08:03 AM

Hello,

Thanks

Miriam 

Its very unlikely that there will be an expert on Brucella (in pigs) reading this.

What I would suggest you to do is to look up Brucella experts that have experience with pigs as well.

You normally have some papers on this, so it might be useful to contact them. This can often help and speed up your research.

Hello,

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, there is no published reference for my question. I asked some experts and took suggestions.

#4 pito

pito

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts
Excellent

Posted 21 October 2015 - 12:09 PM

Hello,

Thanks

Miriam 

Hello,

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, there is no published reference for my question. I asked some experts and took suggestions.

well, thats all you can do: ask some experts and use their suggestions.

It is possible there is no information on this subject.

If you don't know it, then ask it! Better to ask and look foolish to some than not ask and stay stupid.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: guinea pig, vaccine, challenge dose, Brucella melitensis

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.