• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
- - - - -

Lessons From History

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Astilius

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 03:51 AM

I have found that the lessons that should have been learned from the Challenger Disaster pop up time after time after time when I move from company to company.   Leaving project management techniques et cetera aside, I see the same failures of management and how investigations are run (or silenced) and projects managed with alarming frequency.   In later years I have taken to instructing my senior technical/scientific staff (those in or moving into junior management) to read about this disaster and the human causes that allowed it to happen (in particular Richard Feynman's personal account of being involved in the investigational work is an excellent read).

Are there any books, ideas, et cetera that you often rely on or teach other people in your career as scientist/manager?

Edited by Astilius, 14 August 2015 - 04:35 AM.

To the last, I grapple with thee; from Hell's heart, I stab at thee; for hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.