• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

How does silver staining of DNAwork?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 anonymous

anonymous

Veteran

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts
Neutral

Posted 28 February 2001 - 10:00 PM

I think you can find the protocol you need under the category DNA>Oligos. there are several protocols for this purpose. I myself have tried those protocols. They worked fine.The following is the protocol I used to prepare oligos for bandshift assay

1. Purify ds oligos with ss oligos by polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis
    1. Prepare by polyacrylamide gel
      [/list]
      [/list]

i.  30% polyacrylamide (37.5:1)  10ml

ii.  1X TBE buffer   

40ml

iii.  TEMED  

40ul

iv.  APS  

400ul

1. Add 1X loading dye and load all of the sample to the wells and run gel at 150V
        2. Stain gel for 30’ in ethidium bromide.( or in a dark room, place a fluorescent thin-layer chromatographic plate under the gel and examine the gel by illumination from above using a hand-held, long-wavelength UV lamp. The DNA absorbs the UV light and appear dark bands against a uniform fluorescent background)
          [/list]
        3. Cut band and crush the gel into a slurry. Transfer the slurry into 3 or 4 tubes. Add 1ml  elution buffer (0.1% SDS, 0.5M Ammonium acetate, 10mM Magensium acetate) incubate at 37C with shaking overnight.
        4. Centrifuge the tubes at 12000g for 5min. transfer the pooled supernatants to a 5ml syringe and pass them through a filter (Millipore, 0.45-micron pore size). Collect the effluent in a 15ml tube. ( or filter the gel mixture through a Amicon gel extraction column)
        5. Add 2 vol 100% ethanol, and set at –70C for 30min, centrifuge for 20min and wash with 75% ethanol. Resuspend in TE buffer.
          [/list]

If you need any further details, Please email me.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.