• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

why not working msp primers

MSP primer trouble

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 zyk

zyk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Neutral

Posted 20 May 2015 - 12:25 AM

Hi

I have 3 genes to study MS PCR  but I tried 5 times msp primer desingn with meth primer programs didn’t get any results. Afterward I designing my own primers without any programs, I tried different temperature and time; again failure.   My times is running out and I dont know what can ı do. These gene promoters are difficult for primer designing. I attach my sequences and my own primers file. Could you please help

Thank you

Attached Files

#2 methylnick

methylnick

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
Neutral

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:52 PM

Hi zyk, how are you bisulfite converting your DNA? are you running the controls that are usually included in the kit?

cheers

Nick

All comments and communication are my own personal ones, and are not tied to any of my affiliations. 

#3 zyk

zyk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Neutral

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:18 PM

Hi

I converting DNA with EZ methylation gold kit (ZYMO). The kit not involved controls . Therefore I controlled bisufite converted DNA with MSP primers that I used before and they worked.

Thank you for your reply

#4 methylnick

methylnick

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
Neutral

Posted 22 May 2015 - 01:25 PM

I would suggest you revisit primer design and use methprimer express from Thermo Fisher.

All comments and communication are my own personal ones, and are not tied to any of my affiliations. 

#5 zyk

zyk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Neutral

Posted 23 May 2015 - 11:54 AM

Thank you i will try

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.