• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Does Ultrasonic probe sonication break either mitochondrial or nucler membrane?

cell lysis cell fractation sonication Co-immunprecipitation Co-IP

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 asaren

asaren

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Neutral

Posted 09 May 2015 - 06:09 AM

Does ultrasonic probe sonication break up mitochondria or nuclear membrane?

I read from some forum post that it can break up mitochondria or nuclear membrane with high frquency. What is the frquency? On contary, many papers use the sonication method to isolate intact mitochondria (no breaking mitochondrial membrane).

In addition, If I want to collect protein for CO-IP, Can I do the sonication with cell lysate?

Thank you very much

Edited by asaren, 09 May 2015 - 09:39 AM.

#2 Curtis

Curtis

Metaller Scientist

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
Excellent

Posted 09 May 2015 - 09:12 AM

That is one method, but read Afshin Samali's papers for rapid fractionation. And also Yi-Te Hsu's papers for CHAPS lysis buffer. In case you want to use other buffers (because I saw your other question as well) be careful with RIPA. It is a strong buffer and might change the conformation of the protein of interest.

#3 asaren

asaren

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Neutral

Posted 09 May 2015 - 10:07 AM

That is one method, but read Afshin Samali's papers for rapid fractionation. And also Yi-Te Hsu's papers for CHAPS lysis buffer. In case you want to use other buffers (because I saw your other question as well) be careful with RIPA. It is a strong buffer and might change the conformation of the protein of interest.

Thank you Curtis. Just to make sure if I understand correctly. So using the ultrasonic probe soincation can break up both mitochondrial and nuclear membranes. Yes?

Moreover I've tried to search Afshin Samali's papers, but couldn't find his rapid fractionation method. Do you have the paper pubmed number? Thank you

#4 Curtis

Curtis

Metaller Scientist

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
Excellent

Posted 09 May 2015 - 10:45 AM

I have posted it here on this forum before. just search Bioforum and you might find it.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.