• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Phage display, library dilution

phage display library dilution phage titer

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 matey23

matey23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted Yesterday, 10:58 AM

Hello!

I have a question regarding dillution of phage library for 1st (and subsequents) round of panning. I received a kit containing a 100 ul of library with titer 10^13 pfu/ml (diversity 10^9). The manual says: 

Dilute a 100-fold representation of the library (e .g ., 10^11 phage for a library with 10^9 clones) with 1 ml of TBST (100 μl if using microtiter wells) . Pipette onto coated plate and rock gently for 10–60 minutes at room temperature.

I am going to coat an 8 well of microtiter plate with my target. What volume of phage library I should take to 1st round of selection? The whole library (100 ul) diluted to 1 ml with TBST? 

If I took only a 10 ul of the library I would get a 10^11 pfu as a total titer. This is a 100 copy of each variant. Then, if I diluted 10 ul of the library to 800 ul (100 ul/well) I would get approximately a 10 copy of each variant per well. Is it enough for panning?

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.