• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Drug dilution in DMSO

drug dilution c1v1 help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bionewb12

bionewb12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 09 March 2015 - 04:03 PM

Hi,

I am trying to dilute my drug to 4 different concentrations and keep DMSO constant throughout. Please please help me. The final volume/well is 2000ul. My stock is 10mM. My first concentration of interest is 25uM, and I would like to dilute these by 1/5. How can I do this while keeping DMSO the same throughout? (0.2%)

THANKS!

#2 Artemis2007

Artemis2007

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Neutral

Posted 10 March 2015 - 12:02 PM

Prepare a separate stock solution in DMSO for each dilution level. For example, use 10 mM stock for a 25 uM final concentration and 2 mM stock for a 5 uM final concentration.

#3 SusieQ

SusieQ

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
Neutral

Posted 13 March 2015 - 02:48 AM

Or! If you make sure that your stock solution and your diluent are the same liquids (in this case, both contain 0.2% DMSO), you'll only dilute the drug and not the DMSO when making a dilution.

For example; if your stock is 10 mM and your end concentration needs to be 25 uM = 10.000 uM / 25 uM = 25x dilution. So dilute your drug stock in 0.2% DMSO 25x in the same solvent and your DMSO concentration won't change, only your drug concentration will. Preferrably, use the same stock solution for each dilution you want to make, to avoid variation between the stocks.

Unless I'm misinterpreting your question.

Edited by SusieQ, 13 March 2015 - 02:48 AM.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.