• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

MBP fusion protein

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 singhp9

singhp9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 06 February 2015 - 03:44 PM

Hi,

I am trying to express a protein for structural studies in bacterial cells. The only tag that has helped solubilize the construct is His6-MBP dual tag at the N-terminus. When I do small scale expression test (2-3ml culture volume), I mostly see my fusion protein getting expressed (both in pellet and soluble fraction). However, when I scale up to 1-1.5L media per flask (4L capacity), I notice a significant amount of free MBP in my lysate and it also sticks to the resin (Ni-NTA and amylose). I induce the cells at same OD and grow them for same amount of time and I am using the same glycerol stock for expression.

Could someone please explain what is causing this difference in expression profile? Why am I getting so much free MBP? Is there a chance of early termination of protein translation. Is there a way for me to detect this possibility? And, yes I do use protease inhibitors in my buffers.

Thanks so much for your help and time!

Puja

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.