• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

ELISpot assays with adherent stimulator cells: is it possible?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 neuropath

neuropath

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
Neutral

Posted 29 January 2015 - 07:15 AM

Hello Bioforumers,

I am trying to compare the immunogenicity of several types of cells in order to predict their likelihood of being rejected when transplanted into an animal host. After a fair bit of reading up and weighing all the pros and cons of different techniques, I have decided to use ELISpot assays with human PBMCs as responder cells. However, my stimulator cells are adherent cells. All the protocols I have seen so far involve stimulator cells that are non-adherent, mainly PBMCs or T-cells from another individual. 

Does anyone have any experience doing ELISpot assays with adherent stimulator cells? I imagine that when the stimulator cells adhere to the ELISpot membrane, they would present a physical barrier and block factors secreted by the responder cells from reaching the membrane and thus interfering with spot formation. I would appreciate it greatly if anyone could share some experience or knowledge about this.

Thanks!

~neuropath~

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.