• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Step-by-step microarray probe set design for a newbie

gene microarray gene expression probe probe set

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sibs

Sibs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 27 January 2015 - 05:43 PM

Hello everyone,

I want to design a microarray probe set for Coccomyxa subellipsoidea C-169 which has been fully sequenced. I need to make a target sequence data file in FASTA format or a TDT file of GenBank accessions. I got a list of 10091 potential genes to design the microarray (NCBI-->Gene). How can I make this file? Do you know any step by step guideline that I can use?

Thanks

#2 CPRES

CPRES

Cellcounter

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
Excellent

Posted 28 January 2015 - 04:15 AM

There are some tools links here for microarray probe design; you will need some basic bioinformatic methods knowledge or training. It is difficult to provide step by step guideline for things like this in a forum set up. I suggest you also look up some papers and textbooks, which there are many.

So. Now that you have your first ever question on bioforum answered (or not), mail yourself your username and password so you don't forget them, and then come back soon to update us on how it all worked out. That's how you build Karma in science.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.