• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Assays from very few number of cells

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 niveda

niveda

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Neutral

Posted 12 January 2015 - 07:01 AM

Hi all,

I am at present working with antibiotic screening on cardiac cells, which results in very few number of cells after treatment.

With this low number of cells, western blot and RNA extraction becomes difficult.

Please give me an idea about downstream processes or assays which i can utilize to study signaling pathways in very few number of cells.

Does there exists any kits or array to give results from very few number of cells? immunocytochemistry is the only method which i could find so far.

Please please help

Thank you in advance

#2 CPRES

CPRES

Cellcounter

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
Good

Posted 12 January 2015 - 07:34 AM

TEM, SEM

PCR

single tube - Linear amplification of DNA (LinDA) for ChIP or any genome wide studies

single tube, quantitative RT-PCR 

single cell microinjection

single cell western blotting (http://www.nature.co...meth.2992.html)

You can also think about transforming your cells to make an immortalized cell line and conduct assays on the cell line for want of better reagent.

So. Now that you have your first ever question on bioforum answered (or not), mail yourself your username and password so you don't forget them, and then come back soon to update us on how it all worked out. That's how you build Karma in science.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.