• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Should I proceed with clone selection?

plasmid selection stable transfection transient transfection

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BioPe

BioPe

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Neutral

Posted 26 December 2014 - 03:16 AM

Dear all rolleyes.gif ,

I transfected a cell line with a shRNA plasmid. I did a transient transfection and after 72h (which is the peak of inhibition) I could not find a decrease in the target protein.

In parallel, I performed a transfection for stable selection of clones. I can now see 2 or 3 clones in the plate. 

Is it worth keeping up with the selection of clones, since the transient transfection shows no downregulation of the target protein. Do you think the plasmid is working well?

Cheers and a very merry X-mas to all!

BioPe.

#2 bob1

bob1

Thelymitra pulchella

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,835 posts
Excellent

Posted Yesterday, 11:24 AM

Has the plasmid been used in the past  and worked for transient transfection? If so, it is probably worth trying again, it may be that it just didn't transfect well. It might be worth preparing a new batch of plasmid and trying that too

#3 BioPe

BioPe

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Neutral

Posted Yesterday, 12:35 PM

Thanks Bob,

I dunno if the plasmid works, it was given to me by another lab. I will give a go at the transfection again and let you know how it turns out.

Meanwhile I am still selecting de clones. I think I will check if the plasmid works in the clones too.

Cheers

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.