• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

qPCR error bars - confused!

qRT-PCR error bars qPCR statistics

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 toffee89

toffee89

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 26 November 2014 - 06:27 AM

Hi,

I need help with some qRT-PCR error bar calculations. I have carried out all of my qPCR with my gene of interest and of my housekeeping gene and have calculated my fold-changes for my gene of interest with the delta-delta-Ct calculation. However putting error bars on my graph showing the fold-changes is confusing me. What data should I be using to calculate this? I can't use the normalized Ct values as this is not correct for fold-changes and when I convert my Ct values (for my calibrator and experimental) using the delta-delta-Ct calculation and then get the SE for that my error bars are bigger than my fold-change. Can anybody shed some light on this and where I am going wrong? I can't use the software that comes with the qPCR machine as it is getting confused with how my plates are arranged.  

Thank you in advance!  

#2 Trof

Trof

Brain on a stick

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts
Excellent

Posted 19 December 2014 - 03:17 PM

Just curious, what software comes with your machine (i.e. what is your machine) that gets confused by plate arrangement?

Our country has a serious deficiency in lighthouses. I assume the main reason is that we have no sea.

I never trust anything that can't be doubted.

'Normal' is a dryer setting. - Elizabeth Moon

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.