• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Urea effect on mice spleen cells

urea proliferation assay mice spleen cell culture

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mariam

Mariam

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts
Neutral

Posted 23 November 2014 - 05:02 AM

Hi,

I am going to do lymphocyte proliferation assay using mouse spleen cells in order to assess the cytokine profile of the cells (IFN-gamma, IL-2 and IL-10) after induction with the target protein. I have purified my recombinant protein of interest using denaturing method by 6M Urea. Since my protein disappears after dialysis, I wondered if I could use the protein for inducing cells without dialysis. I would like to know if urea has any negative effect on spleen cells' growth?

Thanks,

#2 mdfenko

mdfenko

an elder emeritus

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,338 posts
Excellent

Posted 24 November 2014 - 06:06 AM

can't say for certain if urea will have a negative effect on the cells (probably will) but the protein will be affected and may not give you correct results (if nothing else,the protein will not be folded properly).

if the native protein is soluble then you should perform a stepwise dialysis to remove urea and refold the protein.

talent does what it can
genius does what it must
i used to do what i got paid to do

#3 Mariam

Mariam

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts
Neutral

Posted 24 November 2014 - 09:29 AM

can't say for certain if urea will have a negative effect on the cells (probably will) but the protein will be affected and may not give you correct results (if nothing else,the protein will not be folded properly).

if the native protein is soluble then you should perform a stepwise dialysis to remove urea and refold the protein.

Thanks for your tips. So, I have to perform the stepwise dialysissad.png

#4 mdfenko

mdfenko

an elder emeritus

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,338 posts
Excellent

Posted 25 November 2014 - 04:25 AM

it would be a good idea if you want properly folded protein. keep in mind that you probably won't recover all of the protein.

talent does what it can
genius does what it must
i used to do what i got paid to do

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.