I extract a protein and need to get the bacterial load to 100cfu/gm
The Protein is used as a ready to eat natural food color, we add a sugar and stabilizer to the product.
1. We first extract the product using freeze thaw method. Then clarify the algae particles using a centrifuge at 8000rpm
2. Then we use 0.22 micron hollow fiber filter to remove the finer particals. and after that a 0.1 micron commercial hollow fiber filter.
3. We concentrate the product using a 10kda membrane to remove the natural sugars from it and dia filter the product. During concentration we pass the protein through UV light.(The protein has Florescence Properties)
4. Then we filter a natural sugar concentrate with stabilizer through 0.22 micron and add this to the concentrated protein.
5. We spray dry the product in a commercial spray dryer. During Spray Drying we use an in-line UV Light @ 10ml/sec
We need to get the product down to 100 cfu/gm
1. First test gave a result of 600,000 cfu/gm
2. Second Test gave a result of 70,000 Cfu/gm (UV Light Introduced)