• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Problems with histones in SDS-PAGE

histones SDS-PAGE

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SESC

SESC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:48 AM

Hello,

I'm asking for help because I have a problem I have been trying unsuccessfully to resolve. I extracted chromatin from cell who express a recombinant H2A histone and then extracted total histones from this chromatin and then I made a SDS-PAGE. I used a comercial sample of histones (Sigma) as control. I know that histones are not well separated in SDS-PAGE and that TAU gel is the most recomended for this purpose but I just need to identify that my recombinant protein is inside the chromatin and I expect do this by Western blotting, it's a control. My problem is that when I run the electrophoresis the samples seems to not enter correctly in the separating gel, and when I see the proteins there is only one difuse band. In several protocols I read that histones could be resuspended in water and separated in a SDS-PAGE but I can't do it!!! I changed loading buffer, solutions for gel preparation, I tried diluting histones in PBS, and the result is the same.

I appreciate you could give me suggestions or tips.

Thanks in advance!!!

#2 mdfenko

mdfenko

an elder

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,784 posts
Excellent

Posted 06 October 2014 - 04:44 AM

can you post a picture and give us your procedure (especially preparation of sample for electrophoresis)?

talent does what it can
genius does what it must
i do what i get paid to do

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.