• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo

Short shelf life products received from overseas supplier

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Adrian K

Adrian K

Legendary Graduate Beggar

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
Excellent

Posted 15 September 2014 - 09:51 PM

Dear All,

Lately, we always receive short expiry products (within 3 months) from overseas supplier, especially sensor chips and coupling reagents for surface plasmon resonance system and reagents for western blotting marker as well as western blotting development reagents.

Our request to change for a new lot had always been denied, and we can't expect our work to be accomplished within less than 3 months. Furthermore, supplier unable to answer when will be the new lot being released.

How would you all solve such issue in your country?

I would like to hear from you.

Thanks.

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is like expecting the lion not to attack you because you are a vegetarian.

..."best of our knowledge, as far as we know this had never been reported before, though I can't possible read all the published journals on earth, but by perform thorough search in google, the keywords did not match any documents"...

"what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"---Goddess Casandra reminds me to be strong

"It's all just DNA. Do it."---phage434

#2 phage434

phage434

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,467 posts
Excellent

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:41 PM

This is a problem even in the US. Some reagents just have short shelf lives. You can often extend them at lower temperatures, although some cannot be frozen. Also, the expiration dates may not really make things fail. Often reagents work well after expiration. I have restriction enzymes in the freezer, fully functional, from 1997.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.