• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

False positive - help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 krazyhorz

krazyhorz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:30 PM

Hi.
As a newcomer to the forum i would greatly appreciate any help anyone could offer. I am running PCR to amplify approx 150bp sequence. I am getting a strong band on gel for the pos control isolate but other isolates, which I know should be not be positive, are giving fainter but definite bands at same 150bp position as pos control. However, my negative control is negative. Can anyone shed any light on what could be going on? Thanks

#2 merlav

merlav

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts
Neutral

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:58 AM

Or those samples aren't negative as you thought or the amplification band that you are seen isn't the target and are unspecify amplification

Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.
Albert Einstein

I am among those who think that science has great beauty. A scientist in his laboratory is not only a technician: he is also a child placed before natural phenomena which impress him like a fairy tale.
Marie Curie

#3 superice

superice

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Neutral

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:30 AM

change the primer you used, it not suitable for your experiment. you could get the primer sequence from   http://pga.mgh.harvard.edu/primerbank/   or re-design them

#4 superice

superice

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Neutral

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:30 AM

change the primer you used, it not suitable for your experiment. you could get the primer sequence from   http://pga.mgh.harvard.edu/primerbank/   or re-design them

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.