• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

ABC (Avidin Biotin Complex) in ELISA

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bdg25

bdg25

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Neutral

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:50 AM

Hi All,

has anyone had any success using ABC (avidin-biotin complex) to improve the sensitivity of their ELISA? I am trying the Vector labs  VECTASTAIN Elite ABC Kit and I'm getting significantly worse results than just using standard biotin followed by strep-HRP. Does anyone have any successful experience with this? There are publications reporting its efficacy but not much in the ways of specific protocols, and using the one that came with the product is not working for me. Thanks

Ben

#2 mdfenko

mdfenko

an elder

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,811 posts
Excellent

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:07 AM

i used one a long time ago. i followed the instructions as printed and was rewarded with good results.

talent does what it can
genius does what it must
i do what i get paid to do

#3 bdg25

bdg25

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Neutral

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:40 AM

If anyone comes across this, I would highly, highly recommend just get poly-HRP versus using the ABC kit. There were virtually no advantages to using the ABC kit versus pre-polymerized streptavidin-HRP. Fitzgerald and thermoscientific both sell them. I prefer Fitz because they sell polymers of different specified lengths (40, 80, 100) whereas thermo just sells it as poly streptavidin HRP - unclear how long the polymers are.

Either way, the ABC kit is basically rebuilding the wheel. I would recommend skipping it and getting poly-HRP, way easier and actually had better results for my assays

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.