• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo

Lentivirus transfection using RAW 264.7 cells

RAW 264.7 lentivirus RNA interference gene silencing puromycin

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Tom Chang

Tom Chang

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:31 AM

Dear everybody:

I did a RAW264.7 transfection using lentivirus with a pLKO.1-based plasmid for RNA interference. I have listed my protocol below. It didn’t work. Which part of the protocol should I change in order to make progress?
In addition, if the lentiviral transfection efficiency is truly low, which is the case for RAW264.7, are there any alternative approach which I can do to knock-out or knock-down a particular gene in it.

1 plate RAW.264.7 in a 12-well plate at a density of 1E6 cells/well, incubating for 3 h
2 mix the appropriate volume of the viral stock solution and polybrene [final conc. 4 ug/mL]
- didn’t measure the viral titre beforehand
3 add 1 mL of viral mixture to the wells. After 4 h, add an additional 1 mL of cell growth media. Incubate the cells for an overnight
4 next day, transfer the cells into a 6 well plate and directly going into the puromycin selection process [6 ug/mL]
5 After 1 day, transfer the cells into a 10 cm^2 dish. Perform an additional 1 day of puromycin selection process [6 ug/mL]

Results
1 nearly 99 % of cells dead. The remaining 1 % cells appear to have higher resistance toward puromycin. However, I doubt whether cells are just the background or not.

#2 ostiaziocan

ostiaziocan

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Neutral

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:19 PM

Sharing my troubleshooting with endothelial cells:

1- Starting with less cells increases the ratio virus/cell and therefore more viral particles per cell
2- Try to  allow expression of  pLKO,-1 puromycin-resistant gene for a minimum of 48 hrs before adding puromycin
3- Your puromycin concentration is relatively high, maybe you can do a titration to lower it down. (in my case I can select endothelial cells in 0.8 ug/ml in 2 days)
4- Whatever cell is left I think it express the puro-gene...I doubt that cells would survive without it in the concentration you are using....

Hope this helps

smile.png

Edited by ostiaziocan, 02 June 2014 - 08:22 PM.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.