• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Conservation of SNPs contexts

SNPs Conservation mutation genome

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Edu44

Edu44

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:16 AM

I'm currently working in a model for differentiating some kinds of SNPs according to genomic signatures presen is their contexts. One of the such signatures is wether the genomic context is conserved among primates (Pan, Pongo, Gorilla, etc).

There are many kinds of different conservation measures, so I was wondering wich would be the best and wich are easily obtainable or easily available in databases for some preliminary tests. I have to acces conservation measures for small sequences (less than 100 nt) neighboring about  human 50,000 SNPs, that is, when homologous sequences are available in one or more primates.

So any suggestions?

#2 jerryshelly1

jerryshelly1

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
Excellent

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:32 AM

Can you restate your question? If you are looking for general SNP information, it can be found on UCSC Genome Browser. When you search for a SNP, it will usually give you the allele frequency of that SNP in humans and sometimes other organisms. If you are trying to look at the genomic signatures, then you would probably want the raw sequencing data with the electropherograms. I think it would be best if you were more clear with your question.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.