• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

poly ubiquity nation detection

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 yobou

yobou

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts
Neutral

Posted 05 May 2014 - 02:10 PM

Hello there
I am trying to detect polyubiquitination in a cell lysate that was treated with the proteasome inhibitor bortezomib. I used the ordinary procedures for western blotting but I could not see a smear when I probe the pvdf membrane with antiubiquitin antibody. Is there something different in the procedures t that I should do to get that smear? Thanks a lot

#2 GNANA

GNANA

GNANA

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
Neutral

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:29 AM

you are trying to detect poly-ubiquitination in whole lysate, if so you can detect in direct western with more protein than usual. alternatively you can IP any known proteasome targets or total ubiquitin itself and western with anti-ubiquitin.  if you still having problem on detecting endogenous ubiquitin, you can overexpress taged ubiqutin, treat with bortezomib and detect in direct western or IP.

May be you can also consider this (http://hamptonlab.uc...lavingBlots.pdf) to increase the detection of ubiquitin immunoreactivity.

I would prefer being perfectionist rather than a passionist in Research.

I always had an alternate hypothesis....

#3 yobou

yobou

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts
Neutral

Posted 24 May 2014 - 12:46 PM

Finally I could detect polyubiquitinated proteins easily by loading double the usual amount of proteins and using a very good antibody from millipore fk1 clone

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.