• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

lyophilized protein dilution

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 harry348

harry348

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
Neutral

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:27 AM

I have a lyophilized vial of a protein which is 10ug and i will reconstitute it by PBS containing 0.1% human serum albumin

now want to dilute it further to different concentartions like 20ng/ml, 50ng/ml and so on.

How to do it

Could anyone please help me in this

Thanks in adcvance

Harry

#2 bob1

bob1

Thelymitra pulchella

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,728 posts
Excellent

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:32 AM

So what concentration are you reconstituting it at?  The dilutions from there all depend on the initial concentration.

Use C1V1=C2V2.

#3 harry348

harry348

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
Neutral

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:48 AM

Thanks for your reply Bob,

could you please check you inbox

Harry

#4 bob1

bob1

Thelymitra pulchella

• Global Moderators
  • 5,728 posts
Excellent

Posted 24 April 2014 - 07:16 PM

Private messages are not really for this sort of thing - if you have some issue with the site, then by all means PM me, besides it's actually slower to PM me as I am less likely to check that email than I am to come and look the the site anonymously...

the whole point of having these threads is so that other people can also read them and see how the answers look to them, which may help them, or they may be able to offer a different point of view.

Thanks for the reply Bob,

they didnt mention to what concentration i can reconstitute to ,im attaching the data sheet to this mial please see that attached file
do u think 1mg/ml will be fine to reconstitute., if so how much pbs i need to add to reconstitute and after this how to dilute to different concentrations.

i am confused abt the units as the stock would be in mg/ml but i want the diluted concetration to be in ng/ml 
Harry

The units go like this Milli (10-3), Micro (10-6), Nano (10-9)  so 1 mg/ml is 1,000,000 (1 million) ng/ul...  It may be best to make your stock at a lower concentration, perhaps somewhere in the ug/ml range perhaps 10 ug/ml (i.e. add 1 ml of PBS/albumin to your vial).  If you keep the units the same on both sides of the equation, then there shouldn't be a problem.

#5 mdfenko

mdfenko

an elder

• Active Members
  • 2,785 posts
Excellent

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:39 AM

The units go like this Milli (10-3), Micro (10-6), Nano (10-9)  so 1 mg/ml is 1,000,000 (1 million) ng/ul...

small math correction, 1 mg/ml is 1,000,000 ng/ml (or 1,000 ng/ul).

talent does what it can
genius does what it must
i do what i get paid to do

#6 bob1

bob1

Thelymitra pulchella

• Global Moderators
  • 5,728 posts
Excellent

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:22 PM

Whoops, was a typo rather than a maths fault, just used to typing ul rather than ml!

#7 harry348

harry348

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
Neutral

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:45 AM

Thank you very much guys and sorry for the late reply

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.