• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo

non-radioactive detection of siRNA in plants

siRNA detection

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Trys

Trys

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Neutral

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:48 PM

Hi there,

I would really like some suggestions on either commercial kits or home-made non-radioactive methods to detect 21-22nt siRNA in plants with high sensitivity. 

Thank you in advance,

Trys

#2 bob1

bob1

Thelymitra pulchella

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,713 posts
Excellent

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:29 PM

Most of the radioactive methods can be replaced with non-radioactive systems such as DIG labels.  You could use stable isotope analysis too.

#3 Trys

Trys

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Neutral

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:08 AM

Thanks for reply, Bob1,

Just a question, what did you mean "stable isotope analysis"? is it still radioactive based? I really want a non-radioactive approach, thanks again,

#4 bob1

bob1

Thelymitra pulchella

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,713 posts
Excellent

Posted 17 April 2014 - 01:25 PM

Stable isotopes are isotopes of an atom that are non-radioactive, but are distinctive in being either heavier or lighter than the commonly found one. An example of this is C13 (makes up about 1.1% of the carbon found naturally, most of the rest is C12, followed by a small amount of the radioactive C14).

Have a look at the wikipedia page on stable isotopes for more information, it is largely correct as far as I can tell.

#5 Trys

Trys

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Neutral

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:24 PM

Sounds very interesting, I will look into stable isotope based method, thanks so much, Bob1

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.