• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

looking for a book

qPCR

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 molbio1234

molbio1234

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49 posts
Neutral

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:10 AM

I came across a paper http://www.nature.co...ot.2008.73.html. It describes all about comparative Ct method for qPCR. It also gives some real life qPCR "math problems" and their solutions. I adore the paper and thought what if there is a book that gave real world qPCR math problems and solutions for all the different qPCR methods (absolute standard curve, relative standard curve, comparative Ct with no standard curves, gene expression/copies, and many others). 

I don't want to read anymore on just qPCR theory and facts. I just want to be able to do some math problems just like the paper went into, perhaps plot the data given in excel and find my solutions. But I don't have enough real world data or good guidance to help me learn all the different applications of qPCR. I am looking for a math book or textbook dedicated to the art of qPCR?

#2 nightingale

nightingale

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts
Neutral

Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:16 AM

It seems interesting ... I don't have access to it ... will you kindly pm it to me ??? Would be more than grateful ...

" The more you learn, the more you realize how little you know ... "

#3 Tabaluga

Tabaluga

Making glass out of shards

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
Excellent

Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:36 AM

I'd be interested in a book recommendation about qPCR too in order to get a better understanding of the method...

Il dort. Quoique le sort fût pour lui bien étrange,
Il vivait. Il mourut quand il n'eut plus son ange;
La chose simplement d'elle-même arriva,
Comme la nuit se fait lorsque le jour s'en va.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.