• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

I have a careless boss

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 pito

pito

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts
Excellent

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:14 AM

well I guess it would have been stupid to stay there..

You are getting that assistent professorship job?

If you don't know it, then ask it! Better to ask and look foolish to some than not ask and stay stupid.

#17 Curtis

Curtis

Metaller Scientist

• Global Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
Excellent

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:43 AM

Yeah I'm going for that, although the salary is low. I got another call as well, and I was supposed to be there 2 weeks ago for interview but I haven't even called them anymore. Two other places haven't responded yet.

I actually don't care about any job now, all I want is to be with my wife in all stages of her pregnancy.

#18 science noob

science noob

Veteran

• Active Members
  • 281 posts
Excellent

Posted 27 May 2014 - 03:18 AM

Yeah I'm going for that, although the salary is low. I got another call as well, and I was supposed to be there 2 weeks ago for interview but I haven't even called them anymore. Two other places haven't responded yet.

I actually don't care about any job now, all I want is to be with my wife in all stages of her pregnancy.

Just a curious question as I'm not really familiar with research environments in that part of Asia. How is the landscape of biomedical/biological/medical research like in Malaysia? How about government funding? And most importantly how well do they pay a post-doc researcher in Malaysia?

#19 Curtis

Curtis

Metaller Scientist

• Global Moderators
  • 1,112 posts
Excellent

Posted 27 May 2014 - 03:44 AM

they have a lot of funding. I mean the ministry supports them well with big grants. you don't normally see them complain about lack of funding. but postdoc salary is low, because almost half of your salary would go for rental if you want to live in KL. you can only survive if your spouse works as well.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.